Lake Placid Sports Medicine participates with many insurance companies, including the following:
- Excellus BlueCross BlueSheild
- BlueShield of Northeastern NY
- NYS Empire Plan
- MVP Health Plan, excluding HMO or Medicaid plan
- United Healthcare, excluding Community Plan
- Capital District Physician Health Plan (CDPHP) excluding CDPHP Medicaid plan
For all patients covered by managed care insurances, it is expected that you the patient will obtain all necessary written referrals and authorizations required by your insurance to be seen in a specialist office. We will make every effort to assist you with this process however your insurance does not permit our physicians to provide care to you without authorization in place prior to your appointment. Your appointment will be rescheduled to the next available appointment if authorization has not been obtained.